Can I upgrade my older RaceAmerica timer?

Topics about Timing Systems hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Can I upgrade my older RaceAmerica timer?

Postby samiam » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:40 pm

I have an older 2600 XL Advance drag timer is starting to give me trouble. It is about 15 years old and I used it about 5 times a year. I want to add a new LED but if it keeps acting up I may need to replace it. Can I send it in and have it upgraded and checked out?
samiam

Re: Can I upgrade my older RaceAmerica timer?

Postby raceamerica » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:58 pm

You might want to consider trading the timer in on a current model that would be compatible with all the accessories. Manufacturers have discontinued parts so repairs on these first generation timers is very very limited. A current unit would be supportable with parts and track cable availability. The 2600, 2800, 2850 drag timers, 2400 4-lane snowmobile timer, and the 3800 autocross timer all have an upgrade path to the current model at a very reasonable price. If you own one of these drag timers and scoreboards, the scoreboards will need an upgrade to make them fully compatible.

Our website has more information on each upgrade path at:

*** RIGHT CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO OPEN IN A NEW TAB ***

http://www.raceamerica.com/obsolete.html
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby BillGorman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

We have a 2600 timer that is no longer working. It powers up but will not run the tree or respond to the keypad. I've heard the trade-in unit does not need to be fully functional, but in this case it does not function.

Can I still trade it in or is it just a doorstop now?
BillGorman

Postby raceamerica » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

BillGorman wrote:Can I still trade it in or is it just a doorstop now?

Yes, working or not, even the doorstop is worth value in one of the trade-in deals. RaceAmerica is not looking at reselling your old unit, we are looking at giving you value back for buying it originally. Standard Product Warranty applies to the new unit. The salesperson will ask questions about the rest of your system to insure compatibility. They will probably suggest items to add since the new timer will add features the old timer never had.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby kaiserBoss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:12 pm

I have a very old 3800 Timer AC4 that works perfectly with our T-Links! I looked at Tag and Farmtek but the Tag is too expensive and the Farmtek does not appears to be at our SCCA club's level. Some of the new features the 3850 has, the 3800 does not.

Can the 3800 be traded in for a new 3850?
kaiserBoss

Postby GaryTweet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Our club traded the 3800 in for the 3850 last year. Now with the new USB batteries in place of the four AA, we upgraded our existing 5050 emitters too. I like all the improvements to the RaceAmerica system we have.
GaryTweet

Postby raceamerica » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 pm

kaiserBoss wrote:Can the 3800 be traded in for a new 3850?

Yes, the 3800 has a trade-in program to replace it with the 3850. T-Links, sensors, emitters, cables and displays are fully compatible. 90-day Standard Product Warranty applies to the new 3850. These are not refurbished units, these are new-from-factory units.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby JenniferT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Thanks , It helps me too..
JenniferT

Return to Timing Systems Products