Wireless Timer AC4 with T-Link 3's

Topics about Timing Systems hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Wireless Timer AC4 with T-Link 3's

Postby GaryTweet » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Our club has a 3850 and T-Link 2's and I heard there is an upgrade available to convert the AC4 to a wireless timer using the new T-Link 3's. Need to spend some of the left over budget on the timing equipment.

Where can I find out more details about the Wireless AC4 upgrade?
GaryTweet

Re: Wireless Timer AC4 with T-Link 3's

Postby raceamerica » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

With the introduction of our new T-Link Wireless 3.0 third generation of the T-Link product line, RaceAmerica now offers a Wireless Timer AC4 with internal wireless. If you are familiar with T-Link based AC4 systems, there is an IDZ T-Link connected to the AC4. The new model 3850BW and 3850BZ Wireless Timer AC4 integrates the functions of the IDZ T-Link internal to the timer. The wireless system consists of the IDA and IDB T-Link 3's and the wireless AC4.

Since you already own the previous models of T-Links and a 3850, you can take advantage of a trade-in upgrade program. The T-Link1 and T-Link2 can be traded in with the AC4 and upgraded to the T-Link 3's. The timer is upgraded to be a wireless AC4. All of this will cost less than $900USD. Part of the upgrade is to also update all of your 5140 Track Sensors to the latest compatible model of 5140E at no charge. Even the Beam Emitters can be upgraded to the same removable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack as the T-Linke 3's use. Beam emitters can be upgraded for $99 which basically replaced all exterior medals and adds the USB Battery Pack slot. Even a USB Lithium-Ion Battery Pack is included with the beam emitter upgrade.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby GaryTweet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 am

We have so much equipment here it would be nice to bring it all up to date and with the latest hardware. Update the AC4 to wireless would be one less piece of equipment to haul around. T1's and T2's can all be T3's ASAP and updating our beam emitters would be next. I see another topic in this forum covered the new USB battery charger. With all the batteries in use, that charger would be a big convenience.
GaryTweet

Postby lazdee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am

FYI ... USB Battery Charger is part number 5500A available on the RaceAmerica Online Store http://store.raceamerica.com under ACCESSORIES.
lazdee

Postby GaryTweet » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Ordered one of the battery chargers online and received it yesterday. What a convenience not dealing with all those wall chargers. I leave it plugged in all the time and just cycle batteries in and out when I need a fully charged battery. I recommend this to any club who has all their T-Links and emitters running on the USB battery pack.
GaryTweet

Return to Timing Systems Products