Unable to print from 2710 timer from XLscoreII

Topics about Timing Systems software products, questions, features, functionality

Unable to print from 2710 timer from XLscoreII

Postby BillGorman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am

I recently helped a track out with their new 2710 XL Wireless timing system. I helped them install the XLscoreII software on their laptop and connected the printer to the 2710 timer. When we run a race, all the race results appear onscreen but the printer will not print automatically after a run. Reconfigure the printer connected to the PC and timeslips print fine. I think I did everything right and I am thinking his timer has a hardware problem.
BillGorman

Re: Unable to print from 2710 timer from XLscoreII

Postby raceamerica » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 pm

XLscorePRO and XLscoreII revision E.11 and newer have a new feature to disable the print command to the timer. The reasoning behind this is the majority of customers print timeslips with the printer connected to their PC and not the timer. When a timeslip is printed, the timeslip is first sent to the USB port connected to a printer (if there is one), then the timeslip is sent to the timer for the printer connected to the timer. Each of these timeslips take time and for those customers with no printer connected to the timer, timeslips will take longer and the next run cannot start until the print commands complete. By adding a feature to disable timeslips to the timer, the time to print a timeslip from the PC-only is shortened noticeably.

By default, the Print-Timeslips-on-Timer feature is disabled on the SYSTEM SETTINGS screen. Enabling this feature will then send the timeslip to the timer. For quickest print and shortest turnaround time to the next run, printing from the PC is best.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby BillGorman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

If I do not have a printer connected to the PC or no printer is selected in the system settings screen, will the software print to the printer connected to the timer by default?
BillGorman

Postby raceamerica » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:39 pm

BillGorman wrote:If I do not have a printer connected to the PC or no printer is selected in the system settings screen, will the software print to the printer connected to the timer by default?

The software requires the printer(s) be selected on the SYSTEM SETTINGS screen. In the absence of a PC connected printer, the software will not make a decision to enable the timer printer since it is not able to detect a timer connected printer. Remember, enabling the timer printer feature adds a little delay between runs while the timeslip run results are being sent to the timer.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Return to Timing Systems Products