Operating with two wireless hand controllers

Topics about Electronic Flagging hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Operating with two wireless hand controllers

Postby Dakimmer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:06 pm

I shipped one of my wireless hand controllers and the compatible safety lights in for reprogramming so they are compatible with my other set of hardware. I now have two wireless hand controllers on the same optimizer code but am concerned they will continuously interfere with each other. All the lights now operate from either hand controller but when a different button is pressed on both hand controllers at the same time, I get a mixed result on the lights. How do I prevent this from happening?
Dakimmer

Re: Operating with two wireless hand controllers

Postby raceamerica » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:27 pm

I am assuming the need for two Wireless Hand Controllers on the same Optimizer Code is so you can operate the safety lights from two different locations. Remember, the Wireless Hand Controller is designed to operate up to 16 safety lights at the same time and with the same flag selected sent to all lights . With this design in mind, pressing the same button on both hand controllers will send the same command to all the lights . Pressing two different buttons on two different hand controllers will cause both hand controllers to send different commands to all the same lights . Since the hand controllers send the command three times in succession, the last command received by the cubes will determine what gets displayed.

I would assume this two-flag-selected issue would not happen where lights are installed (very small indoor tracks requiring everyone to slow down in case of a crash). If you need more 'zone' type control in addition to track-wide control, you might want to investigate our TrackSafety PC Software which allows individual cube control as well as grouped lights and complete track level control.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby Dakimmer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:57 pm

We need a person on track to control the lights so the PC software would not work for us. The second hand controller is for the track manager as a backup. With the understanding how two hand controllers work together, we can use the track manager as a backup when an incident occurs and our main person is tied up with another incident. To clarify, whatever flag is selected, it will be a track wide flag posted at all lights.
Dakimmer

Postby logan1paul » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:13 am

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information.
logan1paul

Return to Electronic Flagging Products