4520U/4620U USB Wireless Unit Operation

Topics about other hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

4520U/4620U USB Wireless Unit Operation

Postby lazdee » Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Both the 900MHz model 4520U USB Wireless Unit and the 2.4GHz 4620U USB Wireless Unit do not require any external power.

Even though there is a 2.1mm or 2.5mm barrel power connector on the unit, power is supplied to the USB Wireless Unit through the USB cable connected to the laptop or PC. There are three LEDs stacked above each other yellow above green above red. When the USB cable is plugged into the laptop or PC, the red led will illuminate.

The green LED above the red LED will flash when data is send to the USB Wireless Unit, then almost instantly, the red LED will flicker off then on when the data is sent out the antenna.

The Yellow LED above the green LED will flash when data is received and sent to the USB cable.

The stack of 3 green LEDs will illuminate to indicate the received signal strength, all three green LEDs illuminated is strongest receive signal strength.
lazdee

Re: 4520U/4620U USB Wireless Unit Operation

Postby BillGorman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:16 pm

I have the 4520U connected to my PC and the yellow LED is flashing quickly but I never get any race results showing up in the AXwareET software. I also notice the three green LEDs are on solid too.

Any ideas what to do to get results to show up on the PC?
BillGorman

Re: 4520U/4620U USB Wireless Unit Operation

Postby raceamerica » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

BillGorman wrote:Any ideas what to do to get results to show up on the PC?

The 4520U requires Windows drivers to be loaded to enable Windows to determine what port the race results will be sent to. The drivers can be downloaded from the RaceAmerica website. The download and installation is covered in a different topic on this forum by searching for FTDI and/or locating the topic Where can I download the current FTDI drivers?.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Return to Other Hardware Products