Can I make a Top 10 from a Top 5 scoreboard?

Topics about Scoreboards and Displays hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Can I make a Top 10 from a Top 5 scoreboard?

Postby BennyT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

We have a Top 5 position scoreboard and each position connects to the one above it. Can I make a Top 10 by just adding more positions to the Top 5? If so, how far can I go? 15 positions? 20 positions? Can I add a position or two at a time?
BennyT

Re: Can I make a Top 10 from a Top 5 scoreboard?

Postby raceamerica » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

BillGorman wrote:Can I make a Top 10 by just adding more positions to the Top 5?

The Top 5 position scoreboard is a set of five individual positions which interconnect each position with the one above it and the one below it as a set of five. A Top 10 position scoreboard is two separate scoreboards each with five positions. Top 10 is positions 1 thru 5 and positions 6 thru 10 as two sets of 5 positions each. In the Top 10 case, position 5 does not connect to position 6.

The Top 5 usually contains position numbers to the left of the car numbers. The Top 10 can be a vertical 10 position with all position digits to the left of the car numbers - or - it can be a 1 to 5 with position digits to the left of the car numbers and 6 to 10 with position numbers to the right of the car number.

Adding Lap and Time is a single multi-purpose combo scoreboard used for Time during Practice or Qualifying and Lap for Race mode.

Hope that helps.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby BennyT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Can I add a lap and time scoreboard to my Top 5? or is it only available for the Top 10?
BennyT

Postby lazdee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:34 pm

BennyT wrote:Can I add a lap and time scoreboard to my Top 5? or is it only available for the Top 10?

The Lap/Time Combo Scoreboard is a separate unit and can be standalone or added to any RaceAmerica racetrack scoreboard. Much like the 1to5 and 6to10 position scoreboards, the lap/time is also a separate enclosure with separate power connection.

A second idea -- RaceAmerica also manufactures a lap only scoreboard that can be placed anywhere on the track separate from the Top 5 where it is convenient for the drivers.
lazdee

Return to Scoreboards and Displays