XLscorePRO error, timing system needs upgrade?

Topics about Timing Systems software products, questions, features, functionality

XLscorePRO error, timing system needs upgrade?

Postby Baker38 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:39 am

I purchase a 2700 wireless drag timing system a year ago and ran it standalone without PC software. I borrowed a laptop from a friend with the XLscorePRO already installed and the necessary USB wireless hardware to talk to my system. When I try to connect, I get an error message telling me my system does not meet the minimum revision and need to upgrade. What can I do to use the XLscorePRO software with my timing system?
Baker38

Re: XLscorePRO error, timing system needs upgrade?

Postby raceamerica » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 pm

You may have run into an incompatibility mismatch between the hardware and the software. Let me explain the differences in the hardware and software.

The 2700 XL Wireless timer is available in two models, 2700 and 2710. Functions are the same for both models with the 2700 capable of RT, 60FT, final ET & Speed, and multiple intermediate ETs and Speed measurements. The 2710 is designed for RT, 60FT, and final ET and Speed at a lower entry price. The 2900 XL Professional Hardwired timer is also available in two models, 2900 and 2910. Same measurement feature set as the 2700/2710. You probably own the 2710 model wireless timer.

The XLscore PRO software is designed to interact with the 2700 and 2900 models, the XLscore II software is designed to interact with the 2710 and 2910 models. Generally, the 2710 and 2910 are used by race groups looking for a lower entry price and not in need of all the intermediate measurements or the need for Eliminations Round. XLscore PRO and XLscore II both offer driver registration, multiple classes, practice round and qualifyng round. For larger race events, XLscore PRO also includes the additional intermediate ET/Speed measurements, iPad staging queue, PC staging queue, iPad driver registration, and Eliminations Rounds with ladders, no-ladder, and Chicago Shootout.

When XLscore PRO is connected to the 2710 or 2910, an error message will be displayed indicating the 2710 or 2910 does not meet the minimum revision level and the timer needs to be upgraded in order to connect. This is an upgrade of the timer from 2710 to 2700 or 2910 to 2900 which is accomplished via a purchase of an upgrade and a download of an update file from the RaceAmerica website. This is probably a discussion to have with your sales person to determine what the cost and availability is and which software revisions match the upgraded hardware.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Re: XLscorePRO error, timing system needs upgrade?

Postby Baker38 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:30 am

Checked into my wireless timer and it is the 2710 model and not a 2700 as I thought. Looks like my two paths are purchase the XLscore II software or upgrade the timer to a 2700 and purchase the XLscore PRO. I will probably borrow my buddy's 2700 timer so I can play with all the features of his XLscore PRO software, then decide which way to go. Thanks.
Baker38

Return to Timing Systems Products