Wireless hand controller internal battery charge level

Topics about Electronic Flagging hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Postby Richkim » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:30 pm

My local track bought four safety lights and a wireless hand controller. I can control the safety lights located at each corner of the track using the hand controller from anywhere around the track. I am always concerned about the battery running low and the unit not working just when I need it.

How long should I charge the hand controller and how long does a charge last?
Richkim

Re: Wireless hand controller internal battery charge

Postby raceamerica » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:49 pm

The Wireless Hand Controller contains a USB rechargeable battery requiring about 2 hours to fully charge the battery from a standard USB charger or USB PC port. Once charged, the hand controller goes into an 'always ready' low power mode. In this mode, a fully charged battery will last for approximately 170 hours and instantly wakes up and turns on when a button is pressed.

Best to determine the level of battery charge remaining before a race event starts, To do this, press and hold the black button, press and release the white button, then release the black button. The battery level is measured by the hand controller and sent to all the safety lights.

whcarrows.jpg

The safety lights display green if 100% to 50% of charge remains, display yellow if 50% to 20% charge remains, and display red if 20% to 0% charge remains. Lets say yellow displays and taking the worst case scenario, 20% battery charge remains. 170 hours x 20% = 34 hours of charge remains, of course, a busy track requiring a lot of safety light use will be less than the full 34 hours.

In the event you completely forgot to test or charge the Wireless Hand Controller, plug it into the charger and operate it while charging. Charging for 15 minute will provide about 10 to 14 hours of use as a quick solution.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Postby Michaelplaus » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:12 pm

cheers dude

Im not very technical

So the positive from the battery just goes to the alt at the mo?
Michaelplaus

Re: Wireless hand controller internal battery charge level

Postby raceamerica » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:56 am

Michaelplaus wrote:So the positive from the battery just goes to the alt at the mo?

Can you clarify what you mean by 'alt at the mo' ?
raceamerica
Site Admin

Return to Electronic Flagging Products