Having trouble aligning beams

Topics about Timing Systems hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Having trouble aligning beams

Postby GaryTweet » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 am

I set up our timer today, first time this season, and went into alignment mode on the timer to align the start and finish beams. Never had a problem in the past but this time the alignment stopped on 8. I would go out of alignment and back in and the lowest I could get the numbers was 6, I could not get it down to 1 or 2 like in the past.

Is there something I should check to get things aligned?
GaryTweet

Re: Having trouble aligning beams

Postby raceamerica » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:26 am

You are misunderstanding how the alignment mode display operates. When in alignment mode, each digit on the upper and lower displays represents a sensor on the track. The tree will turn a light on when a sensor is out of alignment and will flash slowly when the sensor goes in and out of alignment.

The numbers on the timer will stop counting when a sensor is aligned regardless of what number is displayed. The number will count and change when the sensor goes out of alignment. Each sensor is checked for alignment 1,000 times, then the display is updated. If 1 out of the 1,000 checks fail alignment, the tree light will illuminate and the digit on the timer will change.

When in alignment mode, all sensors are aligned properly when the tree is blank and all digits on the timer do not change. A dash in the alignment display does not represent a sensor on track, it is a simply place holder on the display between sensors.
raceamerica
Site Admin

Return to Timing Systems Products