Ditch the farmtek, keep the display?

Topics about Timing Systems hardware products, questions, features, functionality.

Ditch the farmtek, keep the display?

Postby GaryTweet » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Looking to replace our 2 year old aging farmtek with something else. We have one of their cheap displays connected to it and would prefer not to replace both the timing system and the display at this time. I know your displays can show time of day and other info from the Axware software but can the AC4 talk to this display and at least show times after each run? Short term solution until we get more funds available.
GaryTweet

Re: Ditch the farmtek, keep the display?

Postby lazdee » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:48 pm

The 3850 Timer AC4 has a second output port for a printer or display. Updating to revision H.07 in the AC4 will add support for displays like yours which use the ASCII protocol. The market standard for data comm to displays has always been the Chronomix format used by just about every timing company but less expensive display use a simpler method.

The AC4 adds a third choice to the use of the print/display port providing selections for PRINT or DISPLAY or ASCII (new). To connect hardwire between the timer and the display will require a custom cable from RaceAmerica. To connect via wireless link, add a pair of 4520 Wireless Units to the timer end and the display end along with the pn 04-0182 interconnect cable.

You will not be able to display time-of-day or best lap scenario or some custom data from the AXware Systems PC software but you can display the final time when a car finishes.
lazdee

Postby GaryTweet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 am

Our display is wireless now but the range is very limited. I bought a small yagi antenna for the display but the range is still less than how we want to use the display. If I use your wireless setup for the display, what limitation will I have on range? Ideal case would be 500 feet.
GaryTweet

Postby lazdee » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:25 am

GaryTweet wrote:If I use your wireless setup for the display, what limitation will I have on range? Ideal case would be 500 feet.

RaceAmerica's wireless link from timer to display will be a much higher RF output setup with extended range. 500 feet will not be a problem to maintain communications with the display. This is the same wireless link used in 1/2 mile applications with our products. The wireless link at the display end would be external to the display unlike a RaceAmerica display where the wireless is integrated inside the display.
lazdee

Return to Timing Systems Products